Friday 18 January 2013

Sunday at the St.Lawrence Antique Market with Barb


Okay,in spite of crummy weather on Sunday,I drove to Toronto to do Antiques at the Market,a regular antique sale,every Sunday. Barb has a permanent space in the corner, a little store  filled with amazing quilts,vintage textiles,vintage clothing and lots more.Here she is with a fantastic quilt top with a log cabin in the centre.
Barb and I had a nice breakfast with a friend and customer,Pam,who belongs to a Nancy Drew Club. She goes to a convention every year and this year they have an event where they all dress as the villans in the books. She was scouting items for her costume.














Below is her good friend Kathy,in her French,shabby look booth. 

This is Barb's friend Robert who sells lovely linens. He sells at the market every Sunday and is a talented songwriter and musical artist.  Awhile back he had an early tea set that Barb admired,she asked him to bring it back for her,she wanted to give it to me for Christmas..it is right up my alley. He brought it this Sunday, and he gave it to Barb. Barb had wanted it for me,so she gave it to me. Look at lower pictures to see it already washed and installed in my cupboard..only pink lustre and early paste china go in this cupboard.Bottom right..I love it. Thanks Robert.
So all that is left to do is add pictures of some of my stock.I could only bring what fits in my Equinox,so mostly quilts,some china and a bunch of teacosies that I made new innards for out of nice rose fabric.They were all crocheted but had never been finished..that will be like my estate!! Unfinished stuff.

That's it,I had a nice day with my sister and all her dealer friends. I forgot to take a picture of my own quilts..I'll get this right sooner or later. Sometime this week I am going on a jaunt with Hilary or Ellen. See you then. Bev

No comments:

Post a Comment