Monday 7 January 2013

New stock from a great sale.

Hello everyone,this is my first blog so bear with me. I didn't want to miss out, so here I go,better late than never.

I went to my first auction when I was 15 years old and I was hooked on antiques.Over the years my tastes have changed and what I collect is different from what I sell. The one constant is my  love of vintage textiles. I specialize in quilts,chenilles,blankets,and vintage fabric. I also learned to upholster,and redo chairs in gorgeous fabrics. I took an upholstery course at a community college. I loved it so much I took it 6 times just for the fun of it. I learned so much from my wonderful teacher John. It is a good skill to have if you are in the business.

These chairs are in my room off the kitchen where I do my work,pricing,cleaning,sorting etc. I redid these with a gorgeous barkcloth from ebay.They were a terrible chipped brown,so I painted them and redid the seats.My teacher would be very happy to see my efforts.
Anyways,will post again soon.Having trouble uploading pictures. B

No comments:

Post a Comment