Friday 11 January 2013

Antiquing with Ellen

Yesterday was a gorgeous sunny day,so my lovely friend Ellen and I went on an antiquing jaunt. We knew it was too soon after Christmas for new stock, but we couldn't wait any longer. We drove on the highway to get there quickly and then meandered our way home,stopping at several antique stores. At the first stop I got a great, chippy paint, dropleaf table with gorgeous turned legs.Good score. Ellen also got some things so we were off to a good start.
Here it is in my car.Has great hardware under the sides. It would have had leaves. Next stop was a wonderful store but all I got was some little strawberry needle keeps. I am collecting them,so will show a photo when I get a bunch.

Off we went again,had a great panini in an old shirt factory,made into a cafe on main floor,and soon to be a boutique hotel upstairs. Great old building being saved.

Next stop I got some black background barkcloth curtain panels in good condition.


That was my purchases for the day,but we had a very nice time,driving,chatting and of course hunting for the perfect antiques.

Today is raining so I am washing,ironing and repairing. I got a really ruined quilt so after laundering I am cutting it up for sachets. I am giving it a second life as it was falling apart and unusable. I also cut out a circle of turkey red embroidered cherubs(my favourite) and am hemming it to make a doily for my table. I only keep special things like that.

This weekend is for getting ready a dresser,all gorgeous green paint,for my booth at Southworks. Sold a cupboard this week and need to replace it. The story will continue Sat. and Sun. I need to go to my garage and drag it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment