Thursday 24 January 2013

Risking Life and Limb to get to an Estate Sale

OMG,anyone that knows me agrees that I don't really like driving in snow at the best of times. Today,knowing I need new tires,I set off at 7.30 am in a snowstorm to drive to an estate sale. After crossing the border,it got so bad I turned around,but 10 minutes later,after a whiteout,it was clearing a bit.I turned around again and made slowprogress for 1 1/2 hours instead of 52 minutes that it should have been,and I arrived only to find a line up outside.The sale had been on for 1/2 hour,but the house was so small and filled with people,I had to wait until people left.
This was an older but modest bungalow,filled to the brim with Americana,100's of bears,dolls, everything !
As usual,I headed for the bedroom to look for quilts. Gorgeous but was too expensive,so I started to go through the quilt tops,still too much,so I got oodles of quilt squares,funky peg bags,pot holder bags,aprons etc.Then I went to the basement and it was jammed with more,and a whole room full of fabric.At this point I couldn't carry all I had and with the crush of people it was difficult. I wanted it all but was thrilled with my loot. I did get one early quilt that I will have to work on a bit. This is why I am called   mad4fabric  !
Here's what I almost missed due to weather.



It doesn't look like much but it is all wonderful,really old or fun and there is a quilt not in the picture. Was it worth the drive...you betcha!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment