Saturday 2 February 2013

Friday..Hilary learning upholstery.

Okay, it's winter,so my friend Hilary and I try to do projects we don't have time for in the warmer months.She is a floral designer but also has a booth in a wonderful antique store in NOTL,called " Queen's Antiques."
I promised to teach her how to upholster a footstool,but she had to strip it down herself. That is one of the most time consuming parts about upholstery! We set a date for Friday,so she came here as I have all the tools and supplies. It turns out that it was not an easy first projects,the legs were fixed and it made it harder. She is talented in many things,so as I showed her what to do,she took to it quickly. She was nervous of my pneumatic staple gun until she tried it! She loved the ease of it and the smoothness of its function..no kickback.Loud though!
The footstool looked amazing in the end,and the pictures show it in the final stages and then completed.She asked me not to put her in the blog because she was in her work clothes. I never do what I am told,so here she is.
Striper was resting in the other part of the basement as we ousted him from the upholstery room,which has been a new nap place. Now I must get some jobs done. Hilary made dinner as my reward, a wonderful lasagna with eggplant and tons of cheese. What will we do next?
I am off Sunday to pick up a great enamel top table I bought. Will take my camera!


The most beautiful boy in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment