Monday 4 February 2013

How to waste a morning


Remember the little ladies with baskets I got at the estate sale? Well I wanted to make them into pincushions. Simply gluing a velvet ball filled with fiberfill seemed like cheating. I set out to make little strawberries to put into the baskets. Well you can see I started and sewed 6 but in the end I have only done one. I don't have felt so I made the leaves out of a wool blanket. Had to sew it down and then I made the little white seeds with embroidery floss. Here I am making minus 5 cents an hour !! It is cute but was too big for the baskets. I am going to felt the blanket and leave the others until I get the emery sand I ordered. Then they will be needle keeps,that sharpen when the needle is stuck in. As for the ladies,they will have to wait.



That's all the sewing for today,I need to start ironing some stock for Southworks. Maybe I should tea stain it to make it look old...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment